GIVEN things to try:
- Think about where the characters are - is it night time or early morning? Thinking about the time of day or location can help you with your colour choices
- Try to imagine the character's personality - can you associate a colour with that personality?
- Think again about personality - it might influence the type of brush strokes you use - are the characters gentle and flowy or dotty and fun?
- Try loading your brush up with lots of water and experiment with mixing colours on the paper - put one layer of paint down and while it is still wet add another colour on top
- See what happens if you let your first layer of paint dry and then add another
GIVEN thinking and writing prompts:
- What have I learnt about how giving works
- Do I notice that there are rules or expectations when I give or when I receive
- How can I show my gratitude for what has been given to me
- What kind of a giver would I like to be
- What kind of receiver would I like to be
- What is something that is special about me that I can give to someone else